Wednesday, August 8, 2012

McCall's 9026 Extravagent Mod Abba 1967

Wow did we have fun in Dallas - actually it was Arlington but we flew into Dallas.  Found a great sushi bar called the Sushi Zone and though the name kind of turned me off it ended up being a very classy place with great fresh sushi.   We got in very late on Wednesday and the only place open to eat was TGI Friday's which is very nostalgic for us.  Harry's brother who passed away at age 26 from Muscular Dystrophy loved TGIF and we took him there alot.  We toasted his memory for sure!  The best place no doubt was a restaurant next to the hotel called Joe's Crab Shack.  We ate ourselves into cholesterol oblivion!  With all the activities we were doing we needed lots of energy or that's the excuse for all the overeating.

Got to meet and get a book signed by my hero David Barton.  If you are a history geek you probably know him.  If you don't know him and love American history then check him out.

It took over a week for me to finally get caught up.  With the sale and days away it was awfully hectic to come home to.  Taking a breath of fresh air at long last.

On Monday I received a huge lot of patterns that I had purchased "sight unseen" virtually and oh my gosh I was not disappointed.  A good half of the vintage ones were uncut or factory folded.  I put some in today.  There are so many to show off I will do a quick pic and link for the best ones.

McCall's 9026 Extravagent Mod Abba 1967  and wow what a rare beauty this one is.  Uncut and one of the most "kitschy" patterns I've seen in a long time.










McCall's 1948 Coffee Klatsch Wrap Around Apron + Transfer 1955 another uncut and rare fashion.  Am I alone in thinking this could be a very cute summer dress?   The wrap part of the skirt could be helped to stay shut or it might not blow open at all.






  
Vogue 7148 Majestic Bateau Necked Robe / ca. 1966 - robe?  Looks like a caftan to me and could easily be used as an evening out dress.  Edgy sleeves with offset fabric is killer.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Featured new patterns for today start with a "retro" Vogue:
 
 
Vogue 2239 "Princess Grace" Dress, Belt & Sash 1998  - makes me want to sing "I could have danced all night" -








McCall's 6047 Marilyn Monroe Halter Dress 1992 and love the two skirt option.  The full one just looks better IMO.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
McCall's 5441 Playful Trapeze Dress 1991 for going out or throwing on to hang out.
 
Alot more goodies to look at and not enough space to put them in.  I wanted to put some in that were listed on Monday.





The best vintage one listed on Monday is this McCall's 5763 Bedazzling Dress with Two Skirts 1961 and best of all it is uncut.  How did someone buy this and not make it?  Crazy -








This next one looks horrible - the envelope is completely trashed but the pattern pieces are  very good thankfully.  I also have another one coming - I think it's a different size - ? - so when it comes in I will list it ASAP if you are interested.  Simplicity 2026 Dishy Set of Bra Tops / ca. 1947





 
VIEW ALL LISTED TUESDAY

VIEW ALL LISTED MONDAY

No comments: