Wednesday, September 24, 2014

McCall's 3756 Career Making Ladies' Two-Piece Suit Dress 1956




McCall's 3756 Career Making Ladies' Two-Piece Suit Dress 1956 one of two very special styles featured today.  This might be a "two-piece" dress but it's a wiggle dress in my eye.  Now because it's "two-piece" it can also be a "pencil skirt" by itself.  Decisions decisions.

Next is one that is scarce, and the envelope pretty pathetic, and the pieces are cut, a bit worn but entirely useable.  Just too dang pretty to not list at a deal price!  Another "wiggle" dress - and I must admit I do love that "sheath" look from the late 50's to early 60's.



Simplicity 2564 Sensational Sheath Dress / ca. 1958, with pretty ribbon affect at bodice and waist-hip area.  Nicely seamed waistline to accentuate your figure.  Sunsational sleeveless beauty.






Two days ago I prepped some tomatoes, thick slices of Romas, and put  them in the dehydrator for 24 hours.  I wanted to make my own "sun dried tomatoes" without actually putting them in the sun.  They are now in a big jar and in a week or so I will see if they are any good - grin.  Wish me luck.  Here's the recipe or instructions if you are curious.  SUN DRIED TOMATOES

Here's a recipe that is absolutely tried and true and made several times since I found it.  Made it again last night and OMG it is delicious.  Of course you have to love brussel sprouts!  It's a bit of work but very worth it.  Brussels Sprouts in Garlic Butter Recipe

Halloween is racing toward us - I'm not terribly crafty but I saw this on Pinterest and thought it would be very cute and colorful to make by using a punkin and crayons:  Crayon Drip Pumpkin DIY


















I got a good laugh out of this article about what is the most Googled product for your state.  Mine being Arizona it was Jose Cuervo - bwahaahaa!

While Googling vintage horse pictures I found this ... such a lovely old picture that has been pastel colored.  It is stated to be an antique circus horse picture.  Thad lady has awesome posture!


No comments: