Tuesday, July 28, 2009


Kind of a different featured pattern today. Vogue 1608 Vogue Attitudes Designer Isabel Toledo from 1995. A rare pattern. I called it "quirky" and it is! This has some unique features the back has pleats kind of like a bowling shirt and the View C (the big picture) has a funky angular peplum. Not sure how it would look on an actual human body LOL. View D the small on the right is just right! Nice darting and figure flattering. The shaping at the waist would be approved by Stacy at What Not to Wear. Four years ago after recovering from a 4th back surgery and laying on a couch in a back brace bored to tears I started watching What Not to Wear (the British show is the best!) and got hooked. Now I look at clothes differently and no matter how cute it is or the fabric strikes me it's the shape that matters. Anyone else out there watch that show?


I'm working on more listings this morning and will amend this blog later!

4 comments:

LibertyJB & Now E said...

I love 'What not to Wear', but why must they turn every woman into Stacey? I love pencil skirts, but I never plan to wear pointy toed 'witch' shoes, no matter how many times she recommends them.

AuntieAllyn said...

Oooh, that pattern is tempting (basically just because I loved Michelle Obama's inauguration dress/coat)! Not exactly my style, though, and looks a little complicated. Will have to think about it!

Sheila / Out of the Ashes Collectibles said...

I agree about Stacy - truly the two ladies in the British show are the bomb. Have you ever watched them? They are a riot! Those shoes are like a medieval torture I agree - but they look awesome. Me - my idea of dressy shoes here in Arizona are my rhinestoned flip flops

Unknown said...

I made this pattern in the mid-90's! I used a raw silk with a Monet-like print to make the pants and top. It was beautiful. Now I want to pull it out of storage and make that amazing top.