Thursday, October 13, 2011

Simplicity 2261 Extra Special Dress with Tiered "Bustle" / ca. 1947


Simplicity 2261 Extra Special Dress with Tiered "Bustle" / ca. 1947 - a Truly Teen pattern with a great "nipped" waist, and tiered "bustle" affect.  If you are tiny or have a teen who is into retro fashions this could be a winner.  Though the envelope is awful the pattern itself is uncut.  Lucky me - lucky someone.

Am I the only one who remembers Sea Monkeys?  Remember getting those when you were a kid?  I didn't find out until an adult that they were actually brine shrimp.  Found that out when we lived at Mono Lake and a friend harvested the brine shrimp.  We had all the sea monkeys we could catch.  If you feel nostalgic check out the Sea Monkey Worship Page for a giggle. 

The featured new is:  Vogue 7012 Tasty Tapered Dress with Wrap Overlays 1999 and don't you just drool over that wrap bodice?!  I find it very unique - at first I thought it was a shirt or jacket that went over the dress.  Fooled me -

View all Listed Today:

1940's Patterns
1950's Patterns
1960's Patterns
1970's Patterns
1980's Patterns
1990's Patterns
2000's Patterns

No comments: