Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Simplicity 2585 Bound to Impress Dress with Two Skirts / ca. 1958


I love this pattern!  Simplicity 2585 Bound to Impress Dress with Two Skirts / ca. 1958 - especially the "sheer" bodice version.  Lovely trim around neckline with matching trim following the buttons looks very slimming.  A good find for me to pass on to you.

The "two skirts" patterns are very popular.  I can see why - it would be hard to pick which one to use - so of course both can be made.  Handy!

 
What an out of this world pattern this is:  Vogue 8578 Square Necked "Grace Kelly" Dress 1955 - totally a Princess Grace style.

I've been on a roll finding 50's and 60's patterns lately.  It goes in cycles.  I have a huge bin still to go thru sitting by my couch.  Next time I sit down to watch a movie I will start counting pieces.
A few 30's patterns located lately and here is the one I put in today:
 
 
 I'm always pleased when pattern pieces are in such nice condition as with this one.

Looking for a classic "sheath" dress?  Here it is:
 
 It's another one with two skirts - the fuller one makes me think of more casual outings but the slim one says smart!

Brace yourself!   Butterick 5740 Summer Evening Cocktail Party Dress 1950's a scarce sexy movie star dress that even today they try to reproduce it but nothing compares to the original.

 It's a bit of a Marilyn Monroe style and the best part for me are the huge pockets.  "Capacious Pockets on the Full Skirt" - no kidding they are gigantic.

Speaking of Marilyn Monroe I came across a dress - not a costume pattern but an actual dress pattern styled after her movie The Seven Year Itch - remember her scene standing on the subway grate?   Butterick 6202 Marilyn Monroe Seven Year Itch Halter Dress & Shawl 1980's

Very rare pattern - very sought after too.

For "new" patterns I will start with : Burda 8880 Corporate Haute Jacket & Skirt 2000's which is very edgy looking to me.  The long skirt rocks.

Only a few from today jumped out at me.  I did find another of one that I listed last month but in a different size.  Since it is very summery thought I would link to both of them: 

There's alot you can do with this pattern!
 
View All Listings Today May 22nd


No comments: