Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Simplicity 3457 Retro Charmer Blouse, Skirt or Jumper Dress / ca. 1940


A totally knock my socks off pattern!  Simplicity 3457 Retro Charmer Blouse, Skirt or Jumper Dress / ca. 1940.  At first I thought it was 1930's because it is reminiscent of that era until I researched it.  Though it is a 1940 pattern is retains the 1930's Styling IMO.

Nancy emailed me a killer "Taco Soup" recipe for the crock pot and I made it yesterday.  It was a hit!  I made it a bit spicier than the recipe called for but overall easy and tasty.  If you want the recipe just email me at risingfeenix@yahoo.com and I'll type up a document to attach in a reply.  Thanks Nancy!


Melodee at ML Originals has revamped her website and I'm very impressed.  She took my hinting (well more like whining) to heart and created an Asian Cat tote bag which I snatched up in a hot second.  I got it yesterday and it is so cute - I thought I would use it to get small purchases at the market but it's too pretty!  Check out the new look at her site.

Featured new is:  Butterick 6901 Smooth Top, Dress, Pants & Belt 2000 which I have in two sizes.  Always a good thing!

Going to be a hectic week - I have a bone scan this afternoon, tomorrow we're having the carpets cleaned, and Saturday we pick up 4 to 6 young men from 18 to 21 years of age that are in a choir visiting our church.  There are about 50 of them and the choir master was scrambling for housing.  We have a big "Luxury Toy Hauler" fifth wheel that sleeps at least 8 comfortably but we opted for 6 maximum.  OMG this should be fun.  They are seminary students so I'll make sure not to leave the margarita machine and Cuervo out - just kidding!


View all Listed Today:

1940's Patterns
1950's Patterns
1960's Patterns
1970's Patterns
1980's Patterns
1990's Patterns
2000's Patterns

No comments: