Friday, August 28, 2009


The pattern I was going to put in sold already so no teases. Butterick 5702 Magnifique Caftan + Embroidery Transfer 1970's will do instead. Caftans never go out of style and are incredibly popular. I can barely keep any in stock and this is a rare beauty with transfer.
I'm going to ask you readers to submit a picture of your favorite pattern - even if you don't own it but it is your dream pattern. Kind of a show and tell that will feature your pattern!
A bit of a shift here - and some very good news for my family. My husband age 52 was diagnosed with prostate cancer a few months ago and had surgery on July 9 very successfully. He just had another PSA test and it was 0.00 the best of results. Cancer will eventually strike all of our families. No one is safe - education is the key. Because I lost my brother 6 years ago to prostate cancer my husband had a test every year without fail and it saved his life. Soooooo - have all your husbands, brothers, fathers and male friends from age 40 on get a PSA test. It's a simple blood test and could save a life. For more info on cancer research visit: The Lance Armstrong Foundation.
It's going to be 117 degrees today. That's the hottest so far this year. Later today my husband and I will eat an early dinner out and then go to The Mine Shaft and get in their pool with a swim up bar. I'll start out with a "Hard" Arnold Palmer (Iced Tea, Lemonade, Vodka) and then switch to just plain Iced Tea & Lemonade. My favorite stay cool refreshing drink. I will refuse to get out of the pool until it's dark!

No comments: