Monday, January 3, 2011

Simplicity 4464 Beatnik Blouse, Overblouse & Tapered Slacks / ca. 1962

Happy 2011 to you all!  I actually made a few resolutions - did you?

Simplicity 4464 Beatnik Blouse, Overblouse & Tapered Slacks / ca. 1962 the ultimate bebop fashion.  Just throw in a smokey coffeehouse, and some bongos and this outfit fits right in.  I prefer the "plain" top with the belt which with a great pair of jeans would work for me. Do beatnik sewing patterns / fashions ever go out of style?

Get set for rising cotton prices to start affecting your shopping some time soon.  Hit the fabric stores soon for those after Christmas sales and stock up.  Here's a hint too though I suspect many of you already know to check out your local thrift stores for not just patterns but fabric.  Many people buy fabric and then not use it and while spring cleaning get rid of it.  I see some awesome deals at the local Goodwill here.  I'll be stocking up myself.

 
 
 
 
Featured new is another "ta da" - Burda 8831 Button Fronted Tops & Skirt 2000's.  Sharp as a tack!



No comments: