Wednesday, December 15, 2010


Gifts You Can Sew Book No. S-11 Aprons, Bags, Hats & More! 1942 with the neatest retro projects.  My favorite section is the stuff you can make for servicemen including a duffle bag.  Remember this is 1942 right at wartime.












Found about 200 wonderful patterns yesterday along with some old knit and crochet booklets a few listed today.  It was a good day.  Also came across a set of dishes that pulled me to it like a magnet.  The soup bowls had cats in them.  They came in a box - set of 16 and the quality surprised me.   I bought the set (even my husband who was with me liked them) for $35.00.  It was my intent to check online to buy an additional set to add to it as this is only for 4.  What a surprise to find this set is "retired" and collectible and it is $219.95 for the set I bought!  Wow.  Even the pieces separately on Ebay are pricey.  I was afraid to have my cup of coffee in the cup today but overcame my fear - smile.

See it Here:  Warren Kimble Cat Collection Dishes
Featured new is: Simplicity 2950 Hep Cat Repro Apron 2008 a Simplicity reproduction pattern.  I tried to find the actual old pattern (which I know I used to have but sold it) with no success.  Do any of you have it or know where one is?



View all Listed Today:

1940's Patterns
1950's Patterns
1960's Patterns
1970's Patterns
1980's Patterns
1990's Patterns
2000's Patterns

No comments: