Thursday, June 28, 2012

McCall's 3354 Amazing Hourglass Jumper & Blouse 1955


Oh if this were only not a junior miss pattern!  Arghhhhhh!  McCall's 3354 Amazing Hourglass Jumper & Blouse 1955 with that nip waist and big old skirt!  Life is so unfair sometimes.  It's a bit before my teen era but I do remember seeing my brother's girlfriends in this style.  I think Dan's girlfriend at that time was Patricia.  Oh she so wanted to marry him and he finally ran the other way.  He was in high school and didn't want any part of that marriage thing.  He actually didn't marry until he was close to 50.


For some reason I have ended up with some junior and teen patterns that are awesome except for the tiny sizing:  Mail Order 8779 Pretty as a Picture Frock 1940's 
 
It actually has that same look at the 1950's one with a pinched waist and full skirt.  The more things change the more they stay the same or something like that.  I remember it blew it away when suddenly a few years ago bell bottom hip huggers came back - I can still picture Cameron Diaz wearing them.





And now for something completely different!  Simplicity 4632 Home Town Gal Dress or Pinafore / ca. 1944 


Just love this shirtwaist dress:  Vogue 8075 Refined Shirtwaist Dress 1991 a great anytime - anywhere dress.



In a hurry today so a quick link to all listed - have a great day!


VIEW ALL LISTED TODAY

1 comment:

nancyc20 said...

I can picture Cameron Diaz wearing a LOT of these clothes!! Whew!!!